Skip to main content

Growing Together & Going Beyond


"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up." – Oliver Wendell Holmes

Some time ago, I decided to start this blog and offer other teachers my vision of ELT. To be honest, I don't keep it updated. However, I am constantly trying something new, running a project or planning one, all with the purpose of giving value to our teaching career.

Some years ago, sharing with fellow teachers I met Heidi Faust a great teacher and friend who has encouraged me to keep sharing and contributing to the field. Recently, she invited me to show a bit of what I do to go beyond the classroom and grow within the teaching community of practice.

So that, I created a video using a free online screencasting web which is part of one of newest projects in order to share ELT content.

Throughout the video, you will see the way I have shared ELT content beyond the classroom and some new ideas to keep contributing as a teacher. I hope you all might find this useful.

Comments

  1. Congratulations Mr. Navarro! It is great to find out that people like you are willing to show other teachers, meaningful ideas about how to grow together and going beyond. As a teacher, I have witnessed the way you teach and how you focus on doing the English Language learning, a practical and engaging process. You truly inspire others! Thanks for sharing, and I hope you continue growing in this learning-teaching path so that you can keep sharing with others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Colmenarez you are so kind, I am glad you consider this post helpful. I hope you are doing great and keep on teaching with the dedication and love you share with students and colleagues. Keep in touch!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fidget Spinner in ELT: from Toys to Teacher's Gadgets

Nowadays, it is really common to find our students using spinners during class. It might be stressful for the teacher and school authorities to the point of banning them. However, there are options, for teachers to transform trendy toys in a powerful tool to teach and make a positive balance posible. In order to help and support teachers, I would like to share with the ELT community my personal experience using spinners to teach. In some of my recent classes, young adults and kids have been using them a lot. At first, I asked them to stop using the spinners but later, after receiving one as a present I began to use it during my office work time. Suddenly, while thinking and spinning I came up with an idea. I interrupted some of my colleagues and asked them to answer an opened question during the spinner motion time  forcing them to speak. And, even when they seemed to have no more words, I asked more follow up questions as hints. As soon as the spinner stopped, they immediately c

Building New Schemes in English Teaching

I have been always interested in building a new class scheme based on the student and the teacher essential emotional needs. We, as human beings, need to get motivated for every single aspect of the life and academic studies are not the exception. In response, we have created different solutions and resources to get students’ attention, but all the resources we use or we create are not enough. They just motivate a part of students’ emotions and later they do not work well anymore. Being aware of those facts, I decided to look for a way to establish a connection between motivation and teaching practices, new schemes where both teacher and students develop a strong, meaningful environment for learning and teaching. In this occasion, I will be briefly explaining the first steps for developing meaningful English lessons, and the challenges for this practice.  Meaningful English Lessons Based on my practices and researches, a meaningful English lesson includes emotions exciteme